Why hello there everyone! Can you believe that today is the last day of 2015? I am shocked. Absolutely shocked. Where has the year gone? Anyways, I was trying to decide how to end this year up, and I decided that Jamie’s End of the Year Survey was absolutely perfect! If you don’t know Jamie- you definitely should! She’s incredible- a true inspiration to me. <3
I don’t want to make this intro long so, without further ado, here are my answers to her awesome survey!!!
Number Of Books You Read: 107
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Pages Read: 36,106
Average Rating: 3.9
Genre You Read The Most From: Hmmm I didn’t keep track- probably fantasy or contemporary?
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
It’s a tie! Truthwitch by Susan Dennard and Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Hmmmm probably All Fall Down by Ally Carter!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Uhhhhh I’m not sure if I actually read a sequel or a series ender in 2015? Wow…that’s really sad. Yikes.
To answer the first question, that would be Truthwitch!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
I can’t pick just one- but I did write up a TTT specifically on this topic. Click HERE to check it out!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
HEAR by Robin Epstein!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Uhhhhhh I can’t pick just one! Truth witch, The Fixer, and HEAR all deserve this!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don’t re-read books a year apart. 😛
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Seven Black Diamonds or Truthwitch or Open Road Summer!
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Emily and Frank from Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Something Real by Heather Demetrios!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I can’t pick just one, but again, check out this TTT I did with this topic by clicking HERE!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
My longest book was Heir of Fire, and my shortest book was Fashion Academy!
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
HEAR by Robin Epstein!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Uhhhhhh I can’t pick!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Safiya and Iseult from Truthwitch!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Seven Black Diamonds!
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
FRANK PORTER FROM SINCE YOU’VE BEEN GONE. ENOUGH SAID.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
An Ember in the Ashes, The Accident Season, HEAR, Symptoms of Being Human, For the Record, and Kill the Boy Band all are winners for this question!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Oooh that’s tough! Maybe For the Record by Charlotte Huang or Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky ?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I don’t cry- sorry! 🙁
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Rules of Seduction by Jenna Mullins!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Mad? Probably The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows because THAT CLIFFHANGER. MAN.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I have so many new favorites! I simply can’t choose just one!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Can I say a tie between Bookitcon (the event I organized) and BEA? That counts…right?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Oh my gosh. This question…so much pressure! I can’t pick just one moment. Nope.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Trying to keep up with everything- blogging, reading, staying in touch with the community, plus…this thing called real life?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Uhhhhh Etsy and Society6 I guess?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Well, let’s see. My goals for 2015 can be found HERE. Did I complete any?
Complete 105 Challenge –> I did read 105 books, but I did NOT complete the true challenge…and I was the host.
Read every book for TRL Book Club –> NOPE. I read 3-4 of the books with the book club? I think?
Reach 500 WP/Email subscribers –> YESSSSS THANK YOU LOVELIES
Receive a print arc –> YESSSSSS YESSS
Reach 1500 Twitter Followers –> Well I definitely reached that milestone!
Comment more –> Oops?
Read more non-review books –> Oops?
Start Sunday Street Team –> YESSSS
HOST BOOKITCON –> YAAAAAAAS
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Ha. Ha. Funny you ask that- that list is coming up in a future TTT!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Hahahaha TTT link
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Guess what? It’s a TTT link. Here ya go!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
SO MANY! Truthwitch! Seven Black Diamonds! Symptoms of Being Human! Kill the Boy Band!
I absolutely LOVED filling out Jamie’s survey, but I wanted to add in a couple of extra questions for fun!
1. How many posts? 331
2. What was the longest posting streak? September 4- December 30 (118 days!!!)
3. What was my top referrer site? Twitter (no surprise there)
4. How many countries did people view my blog from? 110!!! THAT IS INSANE!
5. Top Commenters? Lynette, Pili, Sierra, Hermione Fowl, and Olivia!
6. Yearly (as of 12/30)…
7. Most Popular…