1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Oooh so I’m actually going to have a specific post about this coming soon (stay tuned) but I can give you the basic answer. I make a priority pile full of books that have upcoming release dates, along with a pile of books that I want to read soon because they look amazing (regardless of release date). I alternate between these piles and voila!
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
There isn’t enough time in the world to read bad books. At least, that’s my opinion. DNF all the way!
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Oh I don’t try- I SUCCEED. No failures are allowed when it comes to reading 100+ books per year!
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Bahahahaha *hides in advance* I don’t honestly care? I mean, I like it when my covers match, but I’d rather have a complete series filled with mismatched covers than have an incomplete series! (I know, I’m in the minority).
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I either find someone who doesn’t like it, or I just avoid it. There are enough awesome books to take my mind off of one not so great book. 😉
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I…*hides in advance again* I actually don’t cry while reading or watching movies. Sorry to disappoint!
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I TOTALLY REREAD THE FIRST BOOK! (This is why it takes me forever to finish series…especially when the 5th book comes out and I forget what happens in books 1-4).
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I actually don’t have this problem often. Only my closest friends borrow my books, and I show them which ones are off limits. 😉
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Reading slumps are the worst. I often just put down all books for a couple of days, clear my head, and start over! Sometimes I re-read an old favorite.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Hmmmm this is tough. I don’t often buy books when they’re brand new. I actually don’t know the true answer to this question!
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. I’m so sorry books! *cries* I wish I had enough time to read them all! I really wish I had the time!
So, what do you think about my answers to this tag? Were they entertaining? Do you have similar reactions to me or are you the complete opposite? Let me know in the comments below!
And I tag…YOU! Yes, YOU reading this!