Why hello there everyone!!! We’re approaching one of my favorite times of the year– the Make Me Read it Readathon!!! This readathon takes place over one week and is hosted by Val @ The Innocent Smiley and Ely @ Tea & Titles!
Val explains it perfectly, so I’ll let her do the talking!
- Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.
- Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers/bookstagrammers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.
- When the readathon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there’s a tie, then it’s your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.
This year’s readathon will be taking place between August 6th and August 13th!!! It’s so soon!!! To sign up, click HERE!
BUT WAIT– THERE’S MORE!!!!
Another reason why I love August is because it’s ARC August!
The awesome gals at Read Sleep Repeat are the hosts of ARC August and here are their rules!
- Any Advanced Reading Copy counts as part of this reading challenge; your backlist books count
- No blog necessary to participate, but you’ll need to include some form of social media as part of your sign up
- Use the #ARCAugust on social media to check-in
To sign up, click HERE!
So what does this mean for ReadWriteLove28???
Well, I’ve decided to COMBINE both of these awesome August bookish celebrations into one, which means I NEED YOUR HELP to choose which ARCs to read first!!! 😀
NOTE: You can only vote for 6 ARCS!
What 2017 ARCs Should I Read?
- Warcross (17%, 32 Votes)
- All the Crooked Saints (12%, 22 Votes)
- Dear Martin (11%, 20 Votes)
- Jane Unlimited (10%, 18 Votes)
- The Girl with the Red Balloon (8%, 16 Votes)
- What to Say Next (8%, 15 Votes)
- Bad Romance (8%, 15 Votes)
- Now I Rise (6%, 12 Votes)
- The Hearts We Sold (6%, 11 Votes)
- Amid Stars and Darkness (4%, 8 Votes)
- Foolish Hearts (3%, 6 Votes)
- The Midnight Dance (3%, 5 Votes)
- In 27 Days (3%, 5 Votes)
- Just Friends (2%, 3 Votes)
- Meant to Be (1%, 1 Votes)
- Select (0%, 0 Votes)
- RIP Eliza Hart (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
You can only vote for ONE 2018 ARC!
What 2018 ARC Should I Read?
- Gunslinger Girl (47%, 18 Votes)
- The Cruel Prince (47%, 18 Votes)
- The Unicorn Quest (5%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 38
So, what do you think about the readathon and #ARCAugust? Are you participating in either of them? What books should I read??? Vote and let me know in the comments below!!!