Publication Date: February 2nd 2017
Purchase Links Amazon
The Keep are the latest reality TV sensation - and now biggest boy band on Planet Pop.
Amelie absolutely hates them.
But a brief backstage encounter with the Keep's lead singer, Maxx, makes her question her assumptions.
Maxx, it turns out, is tired of celebrity life and manufactured pop songs. He's recording his first solo EP, but struggling with the sound. Meanwhile, Amelie is a natural songwriter with the perfect voice, but no confidence to perform on stage.
They have a lot to offer each other, but are their worlds just too far apart?
This Beats Perfect is about finding your voice in a world dominated by social media, adult opinions and manufactured art.
2. I Am Rock n Roll (Edward Gains)
3. Tightrope ((Janelle Monáe featuring Big Boi)
4. Going To the Pary (Alabama Shakes)
5. Futile Devices (Sufjan Stevens)
6. Before I Sleep (Marika Hackman)
7. The Masses Are Asses (L7)
8. Tally-Ho (The Clean)
9. Empty Room (Arcade Fire)
10. Celebrity Skin (Hole)
11. Fallin’ (De La Soul and Teenage Fanclub)
12. I Think I Smell A Rat (The White Stripes)
13. Consequence of Sounds (Regina Spektor)
14. Rudderless (The Lemonheads)
15. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (The Smiths)
16. Red-Eyed and Blue (Wilco)
17. Please Wake Me Up (Tom Waits)
18. No Diggity (Blackstreet featuring Dr Dre)
19. Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)
20. Heavenly Pop Hit (The Chills)
21. The Weight (The Band)
22. The Tide is High (Blondie)
23. Summer Friends (Chance the Rapper)
24. Big Time Sensuality (Björk)
25. To Hell With Good Intentions (Mclusky)
26. Sleepless (Flume)
27. Jealous Hearted Blues (Ma Rainey)
28. Goodbye England (Laura Marling)
29. And Your Bird Can Sing (The Beatles)
30. Please Mr Postman (The Marvelettes)
*~~About the Author~~*