IS THIS REAL LIFE??? IS TODAY REALLY THE DAY??? IS TODAY THE DAY THAT MARKS MY OFFICIAL SECOND YEAR OF BLOGGING???
It feels like just yesterday that I started my blog, but, evidently, it wasn’t yesterday. It was two years ago! Wow. Wow. Wow. I’m truly in shock.
Starting this blog is one of the best decisions I ever made. Want to know why? Here’s a short list!
- I have made friends that I think will last for a lifetime. There are some people who I’ve known only for a year, and yet I cannot imagine my life without them. I talk to them almost everyday, and whenever I need to get something off my chest, they are there for me.
- I’ve gained confidence in my writing abilities. Sure, I know that I’m not the best writer in the world, but I do know that I’m much better than I was two years ago!
- I’ve gained valuable social media skills! As strange as this sounds, it’s actually really important. Throughout the past two years, I’ve learned so much about social media marketing, especially on Twitter. I’ve analyzed my target market and I know the best time to reach them in order to have the best engagement level.
- I have friends all around the world. I’m moving soon, and knowing that I have some book community friends at my new place means the world to me. Plus, if I ever travel the world, I know that I’ll have someone to visit no matter where I go! 😉
- My project planning skills have improved tremendously. Between Sunday Street Team, Book Blogger Creativity Project, and various other blog features, I’ve learned how to create schedules and how to communicate with 40+ people at a time.
I’d like to share some posts that I’ve LOVED throughout the past year!
- Swoon Worthy Covers
- Hilarious Q&A w/ the Lady Janies
- 5 Star ARC Review of The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- 5 Star GIF Review of The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
- Books + Puppies
- BBCP 2015: Hogwarts School of Blogcraft and Bookistry
- Discussion Post- How and Why Do You Follow Blogs
- Basics of Book Blogging Feature Recap
- Review + Discussion Post on How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes
Now, here’s the interesting thing. I’m going to show you some of my statistics, and I think you’ll be surprised. There is a common misconception that my blog is super popular- it’s really not! I’m definitely known more for Twitter than my blog. My goal is to one day be known for my blog, not just my Twitter!
Statistics From the Past Two Years:
- Total Blog Views: 77,632
- Total Posts: 603
- Twitter Followers: 4,065
- Best Views Ever: 565 on July 26, 2015 (how ironic- it was my previous blogoversary post)
- WordPress Followers: 619
- Bloglovin Followers: 403
- Instagram Followers: 673
- Pinterest Followers: 164
- Goodreads Friends: 411
I’d also like to say a quick thank you to some of the people who have made blogging such an amazing experience. I’m going to link to their Twitter accounts because you definitely need to follow them!
New Friends: @PrincessicaOB / @BookishSC / @chasingfaes / @KainesCat / @deannareads / @paperbindings / @bayy_245 / @zoeytalbon / @twirlingpages / @beingperry / @otakutwins1 / @hdaubb1 / @dduffield75 / @blamethebooks / @dailyjulianne / @sarcasmlemons / @readbyanna / @sophiwaterheart
I also wanted to remind you all about Bookitcon: Chapter Two!!! I’m so excited and I cannot believe that it’s under two weeks away!!! If you’re in the NJ/PA/NY/MD/DE/VA area, I’d LOVE to see you there!!!
Also, don’t forget! If you can’t attend the event but want some signed/personalized books, you can buy them by clicking the picture below!
But, the virtual signing ends THIS FRIDAY, so make sure to BUY YOUR BOOKS ASAP!!!
20% of each book purchase goes towards the two libraries + nonprofit that Bookitcon: Chapter Two is supporting. It’s a great cause and hey- signed books!!! What could be better?