Published by Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: January 5th 2016
10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity High School finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m. The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03 a.m. The auditorium doors won't open.
10:05 a.m. Someone starts shooting.
Told from four different perspectives over the span of fifty-four harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.
So I’m guessing by now you’ve heard of the book taking the YA world by storm- This Is Where It Ends.
Sourcebooks is hosting a challenge called the Every Moment Counts Challenge and once I heard about it, I KNEW that I needed to participate and spread the word about it!
Here are the details:
(Sorry for the blurry quality- I don’t know why it’s happening)
SOME IDEAS SOURCEBOOKS MENTIONED
- Identify 3–5 places in your life where you feel stuck, and come up with actions you could take to break out.
- Pay it foward: buy coffee for the next person in line.
- Smile at every person you see that day.
- Send a card/letter to a long-distance friend or family member.
- Read a book that you wouldn’t normally pick up.
- Volunteer for a couple of hours.
- Make a playlist for a friend.
- Call/text someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Create a special personalized handmade card for someone.
- Buy a small gift for a friend just because.
- Conduct interviews of your family’s older generations, like grandparents, great-aunts, and uncles.
- Leave an inspirational quote for a stranger to find.
- Create a holiday to celebrate someone you love.
- Get outdoors and take time to enjoy your surroundings.
- Offer to complete a task or chore for someone to give them a break.
- Write an inspirational note to someone who’s having a rough day
- Bake a sweet treat for a friend’s birthday.
- Give everyone you see today a compliment.
- Every evening before bed, take time to reflect on your day. What was the best thing that happened to you that day? Record in a journal.
Doesn’t this sound super cute? I’m definitely participating! I know I got a bit of a late start, but I’m ALL IN now! I love this idea <3
And guess what? If you sign up HERE, you’ll be entered to win this super awesome swag pack for participating!