It’s time to meet the 2nd featured author of the SSS! Introducing… Jodi Meadows!
By Jodi Meadows
With the sequel to my second series coming out very soon, I’ve been thinking about some of my favorite sequels — and some of the ones I’m looking forward to! I present to you . . . a list in no particular order.
A few of my favorites:
- THE HEART OF BETRAYAL by Mary E. Pearson. This is the sequel to THE KISS OF DECEPTION, which I adored! And the sequel was even better.
- HALLOWED by Cynthia Hand. I loved UNEARTHLY with all my heart, and HALLOWED was just as amazing. I think I cried the whole way through.
- CROWN OF EMBERS by Rae Carson. THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS is one of my favorite, close-to-my-heart books. I wasn’t sure how I could love the sequel even more, but yep, here we are in a world where CROWN OF EMBERS and THE BITTER KINGDOM stand out as some of my favorite sequels ever.
A few I’m excited to read:
- THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS by Mary E. Pearson. Look, I know I already listed the second book. I can totally list the third book, too.
- AN EMBER IN THE ASHES 2 by Sabaa Tahir. The first book was one of my favorites of 2015. I’m so excited to read the second I could just pop.
- THE ROSE & THE DAGGER by Renee Ahdieh. I absolutely loved THE WRATH & THE DAWN and I can’t wait to read more from Renee.
- THE SHADOW QUEEN 2 by C.J. Redwine. I loved this book so hard, and while I don’t think the next will be a direct sequel, sequel-ish is close enough to make it on my list.
- THE PERILOUS SEA by Sherry Thomas. I know this is out already, but it’s been sitting on my TBR. I think I’m going to binge it with THE IMMORTAL HEIGHTS.
- SHADOW SCALE by Rachel Hartman. Another one that’s already out (sequel to SERAPHINA), but I haven’t had a chance yet. Sooooon, my dear dragons. Sooooon.
What about you? Any favorites from these lists? What are your favorite sequels and do any of them have some sweet characters?
Jodi Meadows lives and writes in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, with her husband, a Kippy*, and an alarming number of ferrets. She is a confessed book addict, and has wanted to be a writer ever since she decided against becoming an astronaut. She is the author of the INCARNATE Trilogy and the ORPHAN QUEEN Duology (HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen), and a coauthor of the forthcoming MY LADY JANE (HarperTeen). Visit her at www.jodimeadows.com
*A Kippy is a cat.
GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY: