Welcome to the third AOTM post!
I’d like to welcome this month’s featured author, Dee J. Stone!
I was lucky enough to obtain a free copy of her book, Merman’s Kiss and I reviewed it! To check out my review, click HERE!
She has graciously donated a couple copies of her books that you can win!
To enter the giveaway, click HERE!
Now, without further ado, let me introduce…Dee J Stone!!!
10 Questions with Dee J Stone
1. Can you tell us about yourself and what made you decide to go into writing?
Hi :). My name is Dee J. Stone. Together with my sister, I write adult and young adult novels. I enjoy reading, writing, gaming, playing piano, and watching a good movie or TV series. My sister and I have always been “creating” stories ever since we were kids. We would stay up for hours playing with our dolls, creating different stories. When I was in middle school, I told stories through drawing comics. In high school, I told my sister I wanted to write about a girl who could read minds, to which my sister said she wanted to write about a girl who could turn invisible. We’ve been writing ever since.
2. Tell us about your book covers and how they were made!
I design all my book covers myself. Sometimes I have an idea in my head and start browsing stock image websites to try and find the right photo. Other times, I have no idea what cover to make, and I browse through the stock images, hoping to get inspired. I usually find an image I like and play around with it until I produce a decent cover.
3. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what type of music?
It depends on the book I’m working on. If I do listen to music, it’s mostly songs I play on the piano, or whatever I heard on the radio. I’m not a big music fan.
4. What’s your favorite food?
5. How old were you when you wrote your first book?
6. What’s your favorite book/series that you have ever read?
The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.
7. What book are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on the third book in the Merman’s Kiss series, the third book in the Cruiser & Lex series, and the fourth book in the Keepers of Justice series.
8. For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
I like both ebooks and paperbacks. It depends on what book I’m reading.
9. Have you ever experienced writer’s block? If so, how have you gotten past it?
I experience writer’s block every so often. Usually, I play a game, which always puts me in a good mood and gets me pumped up to start writing again.
10. Do you have any tips for budding writers?
My advice to budding writers is to just write and write and write. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and receive criticism. Positive feedback can only help you improve. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it or that you’re not good enough. If you have the determination and perseverance, you can succeed.